Saturday, April 26, 2008

WeLcoMe 2 "NOLLYWOOD!"



OOOOOOOOHH Triflin' ..is the word for me, I know Its been more than a week since I've posted anything. I've been writing the longest list of topics I was suppose to write about but just never got to it..EEeeek! Sorry Ill do better, but anyway.........SOo "Welcome to Nollywood." I know you're probably thinking is this a a typo? or does she mean Hollywood..Nope! It's def. Nollywood! Watchout because Nigerian movie are making there claim to fame! Nollywood has now become the third largest film market in the world, after Hollywood and Bollywood. My father always brings Nigerian movies home and always gets after me and my sis that we need to watch them! I finally sat down and watched one and they're pretty good! I'll admit they're not as high budget as Hollywood films but you can still understand and follow the plot. Majority of there moives go straight to the DVD market. Nollywood has managed to bring over 200 million dollars a year according to Essence. You may wonder why you should checkout these movies , well is because they take a different approach in how they present it to the audience."Our style of telling stories is different to their style of telling stories." Mahmoud Alie Balogun. You can check out the movies at Nollywoodmoviesonline.com! Okay more posts are coming! God Bless!!

No comments: