Thursday, April 17, 2008

WaILinG WelSh= DUFFY


"My Music is really difficult to describe. I suppose I'd say it's rough around the edges and soft in the middle. I don't like music being too perfect, I think sonically it has to be a bit interesting. I like things orchestral, I like strings and a really great bass line."...Duffy


So I ran across this video and was intrigued by the ol' school flavor that was belting out this petite welsh wailer. She was born raised in Wales and grew up jammin' to Motown legends as Marvin Gaye secretly. Aimee Duffy began belting out the blues at age 18 years old. You can find her soulful single "Mercy" on her album Rockferry. She reminds me of a toned down Amy Winehouse. I have to admit this single has been on rotation for me all morning. She has a classic English style which was inspired from Jackie O. I love the entire vibe of the music and how raw it is. The instrumentals allow the music to creates a genuine sound for the listener. Check her out at http://www.iamduffy.com/index2.html. ...God Bless Soulful Saints!

1 comment:

Al said...

hmm i might give duffy a chance...unrelated..i found a new music blog i'll think u might like...about real hip hop...already saw a lupe post so i know u'll love it!!

http://www.hiphopheartbeats.blogspot.com/