Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CyBeR GIrL FrOm OutErSpacE



"I'M AN ALIEN FROM OUTER SPACE!!! I'M A CYBERGIRL WITHOUT A FACE A HEART OR A MIND!!!!" Doesn' that explain me or what..atleast the alien from outerspace( I can't be from planet earth ..Im to eccentric.....AHHH! Okay since I had my random moment...I LOVE THIS GIRL..Janelle Monae! Okay soo I very first encountered her music with her song Lettin' Go in which my girl Allison put her oh so lovely random mixes!! Lettin' Go was just talking about just kickin' it and being free, even after losing your job(which I can relate to because if you know me you know i don't take any part-time jo serious,,umm yeah I'm working on that). Lettin' Go wa on her album The Audition.I loved the song but I didn't know who she was still. Sooo I noticed her music and style when she first was on the single with Outkast in the "Morris Brown" video. Soo after that I hit up her myspace page and fell in love with her futuristic tracks! I was groovin' hard to her before..but like a year later everyone is jumping on her band wagon! So my girl Sharon text me to look her up again and i instantly knew she was. She i snow receiving alot of public interest especially since Senator Barack Obama wrote a message saying he respects her musical talents. I have also recently seen her on MTVnews snippets with Diddy ..Mr. NoBitchAsnees Himself adoring the young creative artist who he recently signed in Aug 2007. Ms. Monae represents her generation extremely well. She honestly believes in changing the world through her music. She singles out lifechanging topics and focuses on challenging them a futurisric way. You can see her growth from her first single she put out to now. Her newest album Metropolis allows you to enter her world that Janelle has created personally for her open-minded listeners. Her music takes you to a wonerland which embodies the past blue artist as Billie Holliday and Etta James but filters her style to reach past the present. Now her style reminds me of a corky conservative school girl who always has alot to say! Her style is complete for her natural french roll/hump that she is known for. It was very random when I was in Atlanta a couple weeks ago she actually sat a couple of pews in front of me. From what I could see she looked as stunning in real life as she does in real life. Her style represents her and it seems as if it comes natural to her which is vital, no matter what style you choose to rock. Herea are just a couple of pics of her and I will have some of her songs in rotation on my blog soo you can get hip to her 2!!! God Bless Loves!!

No comments: