Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm brinGinG "Seventies" BaCk





YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am ALL SMILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY? Because Summertime Chi is quickly approaching! Thank God! After experiencing the worst winter and winds that gave me whiplash I am adoring this 74 degree weather! So summertime is approaching quickly which means I just naturally feel better and more relaxed in life. Is it just me or does summertime always puts you in an Ol' School mood?right now Im jamming to the best group ever_ Earth, Wind & Fire belting out September. So I always told my parentals that I was born in the wrong era. It also doesn't help since my besties are oldheads to, especially my girl mimi who knows every ol' school song recorded!Soo Clearly If you have God's gift of sight you can see that 80's Fashion has hit its all time peak! But was that the only decade that was hot?...Okay the 80's were fresh but the 70's embodied the word FlY! I am loving the 70's style vintage and inspired pieces! Who wouldn't want to rock a decade where the fashion that you rocked represented you and just freedom period? So i have taken upon myself to have the 70's as my inspiration fro my summertime wardrobe. From halters, mini skirts, flowy dresses, wide legs, leotards, high collar long sleeve dresses, high boots, sparkly accessories, I'm even going to splash color in here and there, Oh and how ca I forget how much fun im going to have playing with the hairstyles of my glorious fro;) I told my friend at work I would love for her to make me a wideleg halter jumpsuit, Hold on thats sounds random but its going to be put together correct! You just have to respect the versatility the 70's brought from the glam look of ms. diana RosS to the powerful demeanor of sistah Angela Davis. The 70's allowed you to become what ever avenue you wanted to take in life. My girls Ms Jill ScoTt And Erykah Badu( Which I have Tickets for her concertMay 30th...EEk!!!) have already displaye their love of the stylish 7o's. Its must more than enjoying the style of the past but really looking at what all aspects came from liberation to advancement of our peoplt to accepting our natural beauty ( to the point where caucasions felt the nees to make afro wigs..hmm tat tat) it was just a time of advancement. Now its time to take what they given us and put a twist on it and building upon it.Oh I added some ol' school songs to my playlist 2 just to get you in the right mindset..Lo..God Bless!

No comments: