Thursday, May 1, 2008

HAiR GooDieS



Good Morning God's Blessings! So I rolled out of bed today and have time to post..Once again I should be doing something with pertaining to midterms but I'll pull through either way. Okay so beauty update. I know you're saying the title says Hair GooDies And NoT Food Goodies so why is their a can Of CriscO?The two new beauty items are dealing with the love of my life...my hair!! Okay so lack of moisture was killing me. I would step out in the harsh winds of Chicago and it would blow each drop of moisture out of my hair! It was pure foolishness! So I stumbled on an odd tip from UrbanCurlz.blogspot.com and I couldn't be happier! Okay everyone you need to invest in a tub of Miss Jessie's Buttercreme and I didn't object but my wallet sure did. Soo I had to go with a cheaper route called ......Crisco! I know, I know it sounds kind of crazy and sounds as if its setting us back a couple years but really think about it. I know many people who used Crisco on their skin and its an all natural product so your hair soaks it up! When I bought the can for 2 something I literally stared at the white greasy content for a good 3-5 minutes debating if this was a good idea. Oh it was an excellent idea especially if you're on a budget. I put a little dab in and I'm not lying I had moisture for the rest of the day! Since I finally found a nightly routine...I fingerpart my hair and probably do a good 8-10 twists, tie a silk scarf and take my behind to bed. So I started to use Crisco on my twists to keep moisture in my hair through the night but thats not all......
Soo I had to run into work to pick up a very chic black pencil skirt that was originally $106 and knocked down to $28 ...I love my discount! But anyway I was sidetracked by the sweet area of Carols Daughter section( I promise, That area is an addiction!) But any way I was sniffling through the conditioners and the sweet sistah working there brokedown which one would work better with my texture. Pause ..I think the faces of peopl who see my hair out is priceless:) Its as if they want tO ASK " How did Godnstick so many coarse, thick strands on one scalp?!"..Ok see I have ADD even when I write! but yeah I ended up picking up the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner.. Ohh it gives off a warm scent that I adore! So I sprayed a small amount on my loose pinned p puff and I soon realized shrinkage but my curl pattern was on point! My curls were defined and soft! So I usually use the Crisco for my nightly routine and spray the leave in conditioner as my morning routine after I style it..okay thats all my hair secrets...God Bless!!

1 comment:

The Motivated Mama said...

Wow! Enjoyed reading that post! Very interesting about the crisco!! I'm glad you found a solution, can't knock it til' you try it!