Saturday, May 24, 2008

*GlOW In The DARk Tour*





SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly that how I feel about the Glow in the Dark Tour. I honestly felt as if I saw a piece of history in the making. The concert was phenomenal from beginning to end!! So me and my homeboy just entered the United Center trying to find our seats and all of sudden I heard..no it couldn't be ...is it Lupe?..was it him really?... Oh yes it was !!!! i cut out running pushing, I honestly did not care who I had to trample over to see him! haha I know I sound slick crazy! But I def. was focused on Lupe! He delivered so well! During his performance of Kick, Push I zoned out and I was jammin out oh so hard and during the "Paris, Tokyo" performance I acted as if LUPE wrote those lyrics just for me. He ended his set with none other than teh uplifting song and my ringtone of "Superstar!" I thought he was going to perform more songs but it was still the highlight of my life.
Okay next who performed was N.E.R.D. When I say they got the crowd hype I have never seen energy like this in my life. The raw instruments and fun lyrics kept the crowd on there feet the entire time. I was screaming on the top of my lungs " You Can't Be me I'm A Rockstar!!" Rinanna was the next performer. Surprisingly Rihanna sound good live! Many people believe Rihanna doesn't have a strong voice but she pretty much killed it especially with her own rendition of Lauryn Hill's "That Thing" Oh did i mention that Chris Brown randomly ended on stage during N.E.R.D.S performance during a dance break,,Hmmm tat tat in that.




Okay so I was wondering why all the artists performance was a tad bit shorter than what I anticipated but it all made since when Mr. Kanye West came and shut the United center down! I have a whole new respect for this man! When I said he poured out his soul, energy and heart on that stage I mean every word! Kanye seriously made his love for his hometown be known through each song he spit. He allowed each one of his emotions he felt in every lyric he spat. from "Jesus Walks" to the emotional heartfelt lyrics of "Hey Mama"(where the crowd applauded for his mother's beautiful spirit) to the fight for fame of "Through the Wire" he not only rocked the crowd but left them feeling uplifted and motivated. At the end of he performing "Stronger" I thought it was the end of the concert and I was about to head than all of sudden you heard the beat of " homecoming" and the crowd went crazy!! I honestly felt as if I was born and raised in Chicago..lol ..atleast for that song. Once again I thought that was the finale and it was time to gather the memories of the concert and head home..Wong!!! Another surprise he came back put with "Touch the Sky" and you know what that means Mr. Fiasco came back out to perform his verse. The crowd was uncontrollable two of the most influential rappers now who put Chicago on the map on stage in their hometown. aah I loved it, I honestly can't explain the feeling of the concert. You could feel the struggle, pain and triumph of Kanye's life while he performed on stage, he is such an inspiration and is living proof that you do not have to follow society's standards to reach your dreams. He ended the concert with an inspirational speech about following your dreams and not allowing anyone stop you from achieving your dreams. He repeated this line over and over after he performed his last song....."Make Sure Before we die, we're going to Touch The Sky...."

...God Bless!!





No comments: