Monday, June 9, 2008

WaLE!!

object width="425" height="344">


"Summer-summertime, summertime" As the Fresh Prince would state! I love getting my hands on new summertime music! So this summer I see myself jammin out to many up and coming east hip hop masters. Go Go Music style of music coming from the D.C. and east Coast area is on a steady rise with props to new artists as Tabi Booney and Wale. I'll admit I just noticed Wale when he was recently featured on The Roots Rising Up joint. I was intrigued by his laid back demeanor and his conscious lyrics. I did a tad bit of research on 23 year old lyricists Wale Folarin. He has already been in top press as the New York Times, The Fader, The Washington Post, Vibe...and the lists goes on. I actually was extremely excited when I heard he was on the 'Rock The Bell" Tour with Nas, Mos Def, Q-tip , Method Man, Dead Prez, De La Soul, Raekwon, The Cool Kids. I was even more hype when I heard the tour is hitting the Chi July 19..And Yes I'm working on tickets as I type! That tour hands down is true hip hop, no gimmicks, just taking hip hop back to its roots. It has clearly strayed away and has become ridiculously too commercial! But that is another posts that may take up half the page! But check out his new video Iposte "W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E." The video is artisticly simple. i definitely diggin; it..Oh and yes I have noticed the majority of my posts have been music oriented, its just been hot music has been surrounding. But don't worry more Beauty, Fashion, and Life Lessons Posts are coming soon!! GOD BLESS!!

No comments: