Friday, June 20, 2008

New Products

Goodmorning Beautiful Ones.... I decided to come out of hiding. I have been enjoyoing doing absolutely nothing since I've been home. I have been sleeping, eating, and kicking it with all my loved ones. Which brings me to my next point of whe I said I have done nothing that has incloded my hair also. I have to say Thank God for hair accesories ! I have to say headwraps and fedoras have been my saving grace. if you have seen me this week you clearly understand the creative coverups I'v been using to try to cover my laziness! Okay so a couple days ago I stopped being triflin' and decided I needed to do something with my hair. I'm celebrating my inspiration/sis/the most sarcastic girl in the world Al's B-DAy this weekend and I know the jokes will come if hot mess are the only 2 words that come to mind when you look at my head. I only had one problem with beginning to start my twist set. I def. forgot I left all my products in apartmentin Chicago...sooooo I decided to make due with what I had. Thankfully my mother is on the natural bandwagon with her sisterlocks so she did have some products that I could use. My sister is no help since she still loves the chemical that poisoning her body called a "Perm!" lol.So as I was scurrying through her bathroom( which she would go crazy if she found out i touched her sacred hair products:0) I found Mango& Lime locking gel which I want to state smells so Heavenly its hard to pull the container away from your nostrils. Hmm Okay so check, I found a locking gel next I needed a good moisturizer. I usually use Carol's daughter Hair Balm mixed with Crisco. which keeps my extremely coarse hair moisturized. As I was looking through the cabinets I spotted a container of raw Shea Butter. After seeing this container I remember a couple of months ago I was conversing with a customer at my job who had the most beautiful natural blowout I have ever seen in my life. It was killing the lengths of Leela James. So of course I asked her what products she used and she stated that she melts raw shea butter and uses it as a moisturizer while doing her twists sets. I recall me wanting to try this technique numerous time but could never find a place that sold raw shea butter except at different festivals and expos where I purchased the one I already had in my possession.

Great! I thought this the perfect time for me to try.So I washed my hair with Rosemary& Mint Shampoo from the Carol's Daughter line and deep conditioned using "Hair Mayonnaise." Next I cut off a chunk of the shea butter and placed it in a plastic bowl and popped it in the microwave fro about 45 seconds. The shea butter turned into a thick liquid form. After that I popped in "why Did I get Married", grabbed my spray bottle, my glorious smelling locking gel and began the hour long process of two strand twisting my hair! I usually fingerpart my hair into four sections and use the tail of a rattail comb to part int o smaller sections in which allow me to twist. Each section that I began to twist I took a dab of shea butter and a dab of locking gel and just began to twist and just wrapped a silk scarf around my hair and BooM! I was done! I am extremely surprised how much better these two products worked on my hair. After working out and running all over the city, help planting with my father in this sun my hair is still soft,great sheen an great moisture! sooo i might have to update my products! and Ill update you how my hair will last through this weekend filled with "Fun Foolishness!" !! Hmm I still don't know how I want to style It ...will see... God Bless

1 comment:

Al said...

i must agree...the mango locking gel smells wonderful. I know because i stole some yesterday. HA!!