Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Power Of SelF DisCipline:0

Good Evening Blessed Ones... Im now sitting in my family room at surrounded by my loved ones who are actively participating with the TV Gameshow Password as if Regis Philbin is going to pop out the TV and say Correct!! This usually would work every other nerve but this trip home is different. After ending my second quarter in Chicago its comforting to be surrounded by people who don't want anything from you except your presence. One vital part of my life that I realized I missed and needed the most was my father/daughter encouragement talks.



One quality you should understand about my father is he is extremely hardworking, discipline and does not allow any outside sources to affect his spirit in any way. He has an extremely quiet spirit and allows his actions speak for him. Clearly I received the majority of my traits from my mother- high strung, stress all the time, allow insignificant issues affect my mentality and the list can go on. But one trait that I always admired the most that I have learned first hand in the past months is ...Self Discipline. So after our family left Sunday Service today me and my father had one of our good ol' fashion life advice talks while eating over our Sunday dinner which he makes every week(ooh how I wish I inherited his cooking abilities:0).

I have always been curious how my father stays so focused and content through life storms. He informed me that all it took was the power of self discipline. My entire family has overcome numerous obstacles but it has been my father's struggles that has stood out the most. My father who is originally from Nigeria has been through extreme tribulations just from the ignorance of this country supposedly named "The Land Of the Free" A boldfaced lie. Clearly if you do not sound/look like an European American people want to place you in the box of being mildly retarded and uneducated. Which is clearly not the case with my father who was college educated across seas in London. I remember as a child growing up both me and my older sister would get extremely irate ( to be honest I can;t even express in words of my anger) when White America would disrespect him just because of his accent and his orgin. Yes we were both guilty of childhood fights with ignorant kids who felt the need to make comments. Throughout all these incidents my father was the most calm. He would always tell us do not worry about others they can only control your fate if you allow them. He would encourage us and tell us give it to God and focus on disciplining yourself so you don't prove your enemies right. As a young girl I watched him become a livng example of his advice towards me. He did not allow anyone to stop him from surpassing his goal and put his energy running his own succesful business. Even his family doubted his success and has continued to prove everyone wrong time after time.



I never understood how he continued to rise bove it all time after time . But with his wisdom today I truly understood the power of Self Discipline. From eating habits to what type of media you allow to infiltrate your mind to ignoring outside sources to pull you away from you goal it all goes back to self discipline. It is amazing where self discipline canplace you on higher levels of life. If you focus on yourself and give yourself of restrictions it ultimately builds your mentality up to be unstoppable. It is vital to have discpiline in actions -


  • Setting a time of meditation each day to build up your relationship with the Lord. This is an IMPORTANT step people skip. People lack to realize it doesn't matter if you have a long list of goals and dreams you still won't achieve them if they're not aligned up with God's plan for you. Make sure you stay focus on the Lord and he will reveal where he wants you. Trust Him when He leads you he know the desires of your heat and he will surpass your own individual goals.

  • Making sure you just don't set your goals but have a detailed plan to achieve each one. I live by lists. I full believer of setting goals and accomplishments daily,weekly, monthly,yearly..etc. Once you start to see your daily accomplishments conquered it will give you more confidence to continue to reach you bigger dreams.

  • Remember your body is a Temple and should be treated as such. Make sure it is in the top shape it can be. Set aside times a couple days out of the week to discipline your body.Watch what you intake in your body (my weak point). Keep discipline in your diet. Even if you're not a vegetarian, intake fresh and natural foods

  • DISCIPLINE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!! Let me state that again..DISCIPLINE YOUR THOUGHTS!!! this the most vital!!!!!!!! your thoughts will automatically control your destiny. Whatever you think about yourself thats what you will become. If all you do is think about your past that is will you will eventually end up. If your focus in life is negative or indecisive that is will you will end up still lost and confused. your thoughts are powerful. If anythi take away the point of DISCIPLINING YOUR THOUGHTS. This is the main reason why people get caught in between there dream because there thoughts are not focused in the right direction.

I hope someone gains some insight and Hope from this specific posts..Stay Focus. Don't Give Up. It;s surprising once self discpline is a part of your daily activities you will begin to be fully content in life no matter what situation God has placed you in. I'll leave you with his famous quote by Frank Outlaw..


"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.


Watch your words, for they become actions.


Watch your actions, for they become habits.


Watch your habits, for they become character.


Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”


....God Bless!

No comments: