Monday, April 20, 2009

**Sunday's Best**

Goodmorning to all! Today is a dreary, gray morning.....I overslept this morning, but I still made it to class on time! The World - 0, Ellisa-2!

But anyways



When I was growing up I Polly was one of my FAVORITE movies ever!
Polly is a touching family movie that starred Phylicia Rashad and Keisha Knight Pulliam which took place in the 1950's. Polly (Keisha Knight Pulliam) goes to visit her wealthy Aunt Polly (Phylicia Rashad) for the summer. While there, Polly's happy and joyful spirit spreads to the entire community.

When I was a young girl I was ALWAYS amazed on how the women looked so entirely put together. It was so much pride in how they presented themselves. I love the silohuette of the dresses, pinned hair , dainty gloves and oh so fierce hats.

I remember my grandmother gave me a deep purple, full A-line dress with ruffles for days. I would spin in circle until I feel like I was going to pass out! I miss it....SOOooo why not re-invent the style in more mature way. This spring/Summer I'm Channeling the 1950's- full dresses and skirts

Here is one of my fav musical clips of the movies which show a boatload of fabulousness in attire...



Here is another musical clip, with the beautiful Phylicia Rashad ..



Love the off theshoulder and A-Line Dress

Feminine, Feminine, and still fly

And the best thing about A-Line dresses they enhance all types of figures

Miracles & Blessings

God Bless!

No comments: