Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"It"s Not About Them"



Good evening , Its was a rainy, and pretty chilly today. I worked all day and came home and finished typing paper that I just finished:) It's interesting the paper deals with alot of personal growth and soul searching. ...while were on the topic...
As I was cleaning out my USB drive I ran across this poem I wrote about a year ago. When I read it, I pretty much cringed. The reason being because I don't even converse with this person anymore. But as I continued to read I realized it had nothing to do with the other person but was a reflection to myself. When you express yourself I realized its not about the other person and how they respond to you but how you see your true self. It shows emotions that have been laying dormant...and now you have to face them...well here it goes....


Silent Movie…
By Ellisa Oyewo

The words pouring out of your mind,slipped on the blade of my right shoulder
Each time your mouth is open the room becomes a distant view
Your silent presence surrounds my soul even in your absence.
I see your strength as a guide towards my vulnerability
I caress your mindset with my whispers in your ear
I can hear your thoughts through the depths of your eyes
But is quickly cut off from you as you cut me off with a simple glance
What is blocking me from entering your inner most parts of your soul?
I aid to be the light to your darkest moments
I strain to be the encouragement as life pours out unexpected heartache
The movement inside yourself when the world drains you of your empowerment
Allow me to be the neck that holds up the knowledgeable mind of yours
Just allow me to be …
I urge to see your face not as distant escape
But as my peace that will eventually be place right in front of my eyes
No expectations are set for you because you exceed each one
Through my eyes I allow you to enter my fears, my downfalls, my insecurities
You quickly allow me to erase each one with a simple glance..
As I interlocked my hands with yours it simply reminded me of your strength
I daydream of stealing glances to catch you in your true element of life
I feel as if I’m a spectator to your silent movie …..


Man, sometimes pain is the spark of creativity....Its a mirror to myself


Miracles And Blessings



God Bless

No comments: