Thursday, April 23, 2009

"WALE, Im Kind Of A Big Deal"




Goodmorning all! I am recently recovering from my long day but thrilling day yesterday! After class I wen to a Meet & Greet with Washington's D.C.'s hip hop artist Wale (pronounced Wah-lay)!! As everyone know I am an intense hip hop lover and thats what Wale represents. His music is inspired by the go-go sound of D.C. and by the way he's Nigerian! Represent! His best known song and video is porbably the single W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E.. He is also put out a song and video with Chrissette Michele and The Roots called Rising Ups. He has been in press from XXL magazine to The New York Times..I have to say my fav mixtape from him is " A Mixtape About Nothing." Oh and he's currently signed with Rocafella....but moving on ...

Wale was super genuine an quite funny! Both me and my roommate told him we appreciate that he's putting Nigeria on the map! But was teasing him because he half way knew Yoruba. When he signed my autograph he asked my name....I began to say Ellisa..he shook his head and said nooo whats your name?? I laughed and repeated Oluwafemi! he smirked......and made a couple of jokes..about it and signed.





"To Oluwafemi, Be Proud!"- Wale







Naledge from Kidz in the Hall and Young Chris from the Young Gunz were in the building also!

After the meet and Greet we headed out to the concert at the Abbey Pub...














Wale & Naledge





The crowd in full effect!

Great Times

Miracles & Blessings

God Bless!

No comments: