Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"No Ordinary Love"


Greetings Everyone! As a New Years Resolution I told myself I'm going to post on a regular basis..or at least attempt . I'm in the library taking a break from studying for a writing break.I have a weird habit of while I'm writing, I lisen to the same song on repeat until I'm finished. Well today's joint is Sade "No Ordinary Love."


January 2009 has been a blessing in disguise in numerous ways. It's a fresh start. I 've decided to cut certain people from my life, embrace the present, and find positive in each situation. ..even more. I recently returned from New York for an internship interview. Just in this first month I have received an Internship for Seventeen Mag in the Fall. This is not only an unbelievable opportunity but a reminder that all my hard work is not in vain. Also I"ve have fallen in Love with Brooklyn, New York seriously now:0


But also with blessings comes trials. Unfortunately also in this past Month my mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. A trial or blessing in disguise? Many would ask how is any type of illness be a blessing. It's one because we as a family have come together and supported her. We have actually grown so much closer in this past month than ever. Our faith as a family will allow her to be healed:). Numerous times God has to break us down in order to build us up again. My mother is someone who is a bit hardheaded and extremely strong willed. Now she is in a position where the only thing she can do is to rely on the Son of God.


In any case, As I continue to be expose to what life has to offer my mentality continues to change. Time Never Stops. Simple, I know but it's really setting in right about now. As a child I felt as if the majority of my childhood was both clear and magical. No worries, No stress, No Life Lessons, No second guessing....I just lived without a care in the world. Never even thought about any type of a consequence to my choices. The real world seemed so far away from my thoughts and now I'm living through it. In order for me to continue to mature I have to realize that memories are just that...memories. My dreams are turning into reality. All of my childhood daydreams are slowly making it's way to reality;) I've realized life goes on no matter what. The wonderful thing about this concept is that you can determine how it goes on. Yes we all have situations that are out of our hands. I'm a full believer with strong faith, a positive mentality and determination we hold the power with each of our choices. So in 2009 I encourage all to take control of your destiny. God has a spectacular plan for all of us. Now all we have to do is stay on the path He has marked. God has put a hidden talent in all of us. Let 2009 be the year you dig it out;)


"I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me."

Phillipians 4:13


Miracles & Blessings


God Bless!

1 comment:

Al said...

you better tell em boo. you better get your blessings. and lol at YOU calling barb hardheaded. the apple doesn't fall from the tree.....

anyways i love you. you are amazing.

and as i always say..keep grinding oyewo.