Sunday, October 19, 2008

Want to Be A Tourist?


Greetings Fly People..Praise God its Sunday..I feel rejuvenated from this past week.I was actually early for Sunday service! That was a first! I honestly collapsed with my clothes on after being at my internship all day, yesterday. Everything turned out well so I can't complain:0

I have been meaning to post this about a month ago and of course I got sidetracked. I was reading Oyster magazine about a month ago and loved the concept of this jewelry line. It's called "Tourism" collection which was created by Kali Arulpragasm (MIA's older sister). It is currently based in London. It was inspired by her not being to able to travel to over half the world due to terrorism. She was discouraged when certain people would think of particular countries and would have a negative depiction of its culture. In the "Tourism Collection" she uses her designs as a poster for each country. The collection focuses on positive images that enrich the country instead of perpetuating stereotypes. Here are some pieces....














Love the idea. Love the positivity. Love the boldness of the jewelry.



God Bless..

No comments: