Friday, October 31, 2008

*ALbum Review*


Greetings Fly People! I have to say Mr. Legend has done it again! I recently went out and purchased John Legend's new album Evolver. I utterly am in love with the sound of his new album. It has been playing repeat in my cd player since I purchased it.


I have always been a dedicated fan and groove with John's melodies for a while. His first cd was your typical soulful sounds of R&B. The second album had a more vintage/romantic style of songs. I was a tadbit nervous for the third one because I thought either he was going to repeat one of his previous styles or just lose his personal style completely..I was clearly wrong. His third album is not only a perfect feel good cd but brings out a different emotion with each song that he belts out. Its up tempo beats with a splash of slow and sultry is a perfect mix. He hits topics from dealing with heartbreak to him preaching about the deep power of love. John Legend has a way of taking a serious issue and lightening the mood by the way he portrays it. JOHN legend also always puts his album out with the season. It reminds me of Fall and warm colors. Its a perfect cd to stay in your apartment with a cup of hot green tea while snuggling up with a good novel while his songs are filtering the air with good vibes.

He has creative collaborations with artist such as Kanye West, Estelle, Brandy and of course Andre 3000.

My favorites...


Quickly feat. Brandy- This ballad portrays the picture our world in such a bad state that when he finds his love ..The love has to be rushed because they don't know when there last days are going to be on this earth.


"The news said that the sky is falling, The globe is warming

My country's warring, Leaders are lying, Time is running, Lower and lower, baby

Nowhere to go

I know we just met baby could you love me Quickly, Quickly

I want you to love me like you know the world's about to end baby."


Satisfaction- He can start hinting the fact that his love is not as in love with him as he thought. And they're slowly losing they're relationship because his love is slipping out of love...


"You don’t love me like you say you do You don’t want me the way that I want you You don’t love me like you say you do (you do) you do Chorus (x2)

Can I get me some satisfaction (x3)

That’s all I’m asking you, you, of you Give me the magic back

that’s all I ask of you "

This Time- It is a plead asking for a retry on a failed relationship. He admits to the girl that he was not ready to sacrafice his full self to make it work ..Now once the relatinoship enede he realized what he missed out on....


"This time I want it all ,This time I want it all

Showing you all the cards

Giving you all my heart

This time Ill take the chance This time Ill be your man

I can be all you need This time its all of me "



Its a beautiful song...I absolutely ..Love it, deep breath.


all time favorite (probably because I feel like this most of the time)...


Take Me Away- Is a beautiful song that literally makes you forget about your everyday issues and indulging and running away with your secret love. It is calming, peaceful and paints an intimate image of you and your love.


"I could tell, she's been through pain I could only dream Nightmares live where you live Tears were in her eyes, but she wouldn't let them fall I get the world to know where her smile is..
I asked: Do you dance with me now? Let me try to figure out The fastest round out of town And she says: Take me away from here Take me somewhere, where love is like breathing I don't care where we go, long as I'm there with you, baby "


I Love it...Deep breath:


Aww..the whole album is fly:)This album will be playing in repeat for the next couple months...Please go get It ... Its album where you can play nonstop on repeat and you don't have to skip any songs..nowadays that is hard to come by...


God Bless...

No comments: