Saturday, August 30, 2008

Two Decades On EartH;0




Greetings Everyone..It's funny when I have A Happy Belated Birthday to myself. I have been quite crunched on time to post on a regular basis but I'll try to do a quite catch up! My Birthday was actually Monday, August 25 2008! I was honestly not expecting to do to much on my birthday but just contemplate on how far God has brought me all of my 20 yrs..and maybe a birthday dinner. My roommates had a different idea of celebrating my Birthday and through me a Surprise B-day Party at The W hotel in downtown Chicago! The room, food, and everything else was wonderful! I felt soo touched. One of my roomies have been putting in so much effort in making me feel at home in Chicago since I'm originally not from here and this is my second location in the past 2 years. She called my homegirls and homeboys to come out and kick it for my b-day. I was pretty surprise people came out since my bday fell on a Monday and we all had class in the morning!We ate dinner in the restaurant downstairs and than we went to one of the suites and I walked into an empty room. I don't know how they did it but somehow a good 25 people fit in the bathroom and came out screaming with balloons and a cake "Happy birthday ellisa!" it was so sweet, especially since I'm still fairly new to the city! I felt loved and had a beautiful night;0


Yes, You read right it says Mrs. Fiasco!!! Yep I have to claim my blessing..lol





I know many felt as if I was over exaggerating with my reaction to turnung 20. I don't know turning 20 was a wake up call that Im an adult and have been living for 20 years, its pretty amazing because it doesn't seem that long at all! I love the mentality that my best Allison gives on how you should measure each year of your life and make a promise to yorself to make the next year better, This past year has to be the most growth I have ever had in my life. Here's my measurement list...


  • Moved to Chicago



  • Stepped Out on Faith



  • Stood my ground when my family questioned my motives to pursue my dream



  • Studying and pursuing Fashion



  • Experienced Heartbreak



  • Had the courage to go Natural



  • Learned how to let go of grudges

  • New School



  • New job



  • New Internship!



..This is just a few blessings that God has given to me the past year of my life! It's actually amazing:) God is Amazing;0 Soooooo I am actually thrilled to see what God has planned for me in this up and coming year;) I have one more gift I get to unwrap for my B-day that I gave to myself and that is the Nas concert on Aug 31,2008. That will have completed a wonderful week of birthday celebrations! Hopefully Ill get some good pics to post;)



God Bless...



2 comments:

Al said...

I love my lele yep yep I love my girl!

Eb the Celeb said...

happy belated!