Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Thrifting" ...it's A Talent!


Greetings Fly People... So yesterday while running around Student Affairs and meeting with my financial advisor i received beautiful news. Our school was closing down for the rest of the day due to issues in the building so that meant no afternoon classes!!!! Of course as i was headed to the library to print out an assignment before I left, I ran into my homegirl Shani! I told her about the news and she was clearly overjoyed! Soo we stood in the hallway pondering how we should spend all of our down time. Hmmmm...THRIFTING!!! Yes, it took us a half a second to agree to our plans. As we were headed out we ran in two other of our homegirls, soo we all headed out for a warm afternoon of thrifting.


The first place we went was Unique's Thrift Shop. It is located off the 35th/Archer stop on the Orange Line. This is a thrifter's heaven Honestly its full of racks and racks of hidden treasures...




Unique Thrift Store
3542 S Archer Ave
Chicago, IL 60609



Scarf (that I will turn into a shirt) , $1.99 Camel Leather Tote ...$6.99


Shoes..$15.99















Leather Clutch...$3.99











Retro Shades $1.99

















So those were the fly findings I found at Unique..

So we then headed up to Wicker Park (my favorite area!) And we went to the dope boutique of Una Mae's Boutique. This is located off the Damen Blue line Stop down Milwaukee...


Una Mae's boutique
1528 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622.

This boutique is extremely inviting with the strong scent of incense and oils that lead you into the boutique. Th e first item that caught my eye was a pair of high waist vintage inspired jeans. they weren't truly vintage but just inspired..unfortunately they were too big! Th boutique owner saw my disappoint me and help me get a couple more pairs to try one. They all didn't work until she went upstairs and pulled a pair of TRUE vintage high waist jeans from the 70's. I'll admit I couldn't breathe for a half of second but once I walked around for a minute they became more comfortable...

FAded Glory True Vinatge jeans $24.00!! !



A days worth of thrifting threads ...priceless!!
If you have a chance, make a trip to these fly spots...

GoD Bless...

2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Those are some great finds, especially those SHOES!!

Muze said...

giiiiirl you better work it.

the jean find is amazing!

sigh. i remember when i used to shop.used to thrift.

now all i do is pay bills.

wack! lol.