Monday, July 7, 2008

Rag-O-Rama



Greetings Fly People! Okay so I have less than a week until im back in Chi town and once again it will be time to grind it out for another quarter soo i'm enjoying my relaxing days while I have them. If you read my previous post you would know I gave myself a personal mission to go thrifting. My goal was to try to find a less expensive version of the Brian Reyes Cardigan Ms. Gabrielle Union wore in July 2008 Essence issue. Well my mission is not yet complete....BUT I did find some dope items. Of Course I went with my bestie Al to go thrifting around the Broad Ripple area in Indianpolis,IN. The only downfall we ended up just making one stop(Eeek!) The place we went to was a new thrift store for Indianapolis which is called Rag-O-Rama. I was first introduced to this store at its Atlanta location when I was down visiting my other bestie Mimi down at CAU. When I went to the Atlanta location I fell in love...seriously. It could take a thrifter a full 24 hours to look at each rack of clothes and another 4 hours to search through all the accesories ( which are my favorite!)

Soo it was funny when I spotted the new Rag-O-Rama that just moved to Broad Ripple. I was driving past the strip and damn near slammed on the brakes. I honestly almost did and yes I know I'm a dramatic person;) But I was sooo geeked! I told everyone. I bugged everyone around me to go! Soo I finally went and loved it all over again.It was hilarious of course Allison looked at me and just shook her head as I reached for the shoes first..Its a sickness. I did make smarter selections with the shoes I purchased. I purposely bought a pair of red flats knowing that the majorityof my life im hoping on trains and buses in Chicago. I also bought an extremely fly pair of gold earrings that everone has tried to snatch fro me already; O And of course I had to make a random purchase of bright neon green fishnet gloves.Just for fun;0 Rag-O-rama is located in St. Louis, Columbus, OH and Atlanta. The service was warm and inviting. I would encourage you to go if there is one near you. God Bless!!

No comments: