Tuesday, March 25, 2008

GoinG NatUraL

Soo I'm in Indianapolis at Home for a couple days before I head back to The Chi. I decided on my break to experiment with my hair because I clearly have ADD when it comes to my looks. So I've always wanted to rock natural for a couple years now...but I was to paranoid on the feedback I would get and the actual responsibility for doing my hair( lazy, I know!) I've been growing out my natural hair for about a year and half but have just been rockin' micros and a sew in. So after perms, micros , texturizers and one rough sew in.. I said bump it I'm about to rock the hell out my natural hair! God blessed me with this hair so it has to fit my face...I was born with it!So before I took my sew in out I was so confident that I would love it! and I did. But as much as Natural Hair is a physical change its just as much mental! You have to adjust your own perception of beauty and truly embrace your own identity! So after having mental & emotional breakdowns( I'm Just Dramatic, don't mind Me!) I truly loved my curly coils! I always admired and loved sistahs rockin' natural styles... but when it came to me I questioned if I liked it. Now a couple days later I'm truly loving it! I just feel so free and I'm truly representing what I stand for everywhere I go. Advice for anyone trying to adapt to natural hair do a mental makeover first and alot of mirror time. Im excited with all the styles I can rock...this is what I'm currently rocking now...It was a twist out that I just pinned down on the crown of my head..



Okay Sooooo Since Im now mentally adapting to my Natuaral Mane ...Time for learning Hair care!!!!!! Okay I can already tell my major issue is going to be moisture. I rocked a puff a couple days ago and whe I left my puff was nice, juicy and moist...when I came back I promise you could hear the crunch as I squeezed down on it! The products I used to wash my hair was the New Creme of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Moisture- Active Shampoo and The New Creme of Nature Healing Conditioner. Both products worked well. I love the scents of both shampoo and conditioner. I used and Olive Oil deep conditioner which work pretty good. I don't think I left it in long enough. We'll see how these products continue to hold up! I have a gut feeling Im going to be a product juknie(which I don't need to be b/c Im a struggling college student!)So I'm officially on a daily moisturizer hunt!Feel free to send me any suggestions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im definitely glad to hear you're embracing it...i just knew it would take time...but I had to get you started...I wasn't sure you would on your own...