Monday, June 8, 2009

**Natural Attraction**




"I Like'em brown skin, Natural hair, strong mind ..."that will be the day that you will hear a mainstream rapper belt out these lyrics. Unfortunately we hear "I Like a thick long haired, redbone..." over and over like an ignorant Negro Anthem. Thank You Lil Wayne.



I was reading Clutch Magazine today and came across an interesting article. The article was called " The Type of Men Naturals Attract." It discussed the topic of what type of male natural women attract. It hit the point that we usually attract a more intellectual mate. Examples were Dwele or Musiq Soulchild . Hmm I wish! Others chimed in and said as soon as they went natural the attention from men completely stopped.

This is utterly ridiculous for a beautiful natural woman to not receive attention for allowing her ntrue beauty show. I personally feel that males just know who they can pull off being ignorant and who they cannot. I have to say a natural woman automatically portrays a certain confidence because she is comfortable in who she is as a person. I know personally males rarely disrespect me while approaching me, I don't know if its due to my natural hair or the "I don't do Stupid" that I have stamped across my forehead.



Unfortunately men feel as if they can tell me my loves and hates in life by my hair. For example, "Hello my beautiful Nubian Queen, I just want to say you are a beautiful woman you must be a vegeterian, neo soul, poetry, a pet lover, nature..." This is one issue that is irritating- yes I enjoy hip hop but I am real quick to pop in some Rilo Kiley. No I'm not a pet lover. Yes, I love poetry but I enjoy a range of novels. Yes i love nature but I love the intense world of city life. And yes I attempted to be a vegeterian but right now in my life I enjoy meats!



Since my major is Fashion Marketing, I do feel as if my field is more open. Attending a school focus on the arts and Fashion you are bombarded with bold looks from all cultures so being natural is not out of the norm.



I am ultimately attracted to any male who is artistic- painter, poet, musician,etc.. Its easier for me to find another creative soul with my natural hair. As for young women who are breaking into corporate America and want to attract a corporate male may have much more difficult time to find an open minded brotha'.

Yes, media plays a vital role in dictating what type of women males are attracted to. I guarantee if Rihanna went natural it wuld be the next big trend (which is ridiculous that people take anything that's thrown in their face). Yes we know lightskin long hair is seen as beautiful..but do people know why?! Its pure self hatred that causes us to conform of what is seen as European beauty. I can talk about that for hours...If you haven't Please Read the Willie Lynch Letter for the complete breakdown.

Natural hair is beautiful.Point.Blank. Period. To all the women struggling because they are not receiving attention from males as they would like to ...PLEASE DON'T WORRY. Why would you want to attract a male who is not worth your time and is not even close to your level. Please continue to keep your head up and know the reason why they won't approach you because they know they can't handle a secure woman. That's all. It helps you save your precious time from investing your emotions into someone who is close minded and ignorant.

Keep your Head up Ladies:0

Check out the video by Erin from http://www.youtube.com/naturallyscandalous that she posted to kick off this topic..





Big ups to Erin to hit on this topic

Feel Free to chime in


Miracles & Blessings

God Bless !!

No comments: