Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Calls

Greetings My Fly People! No I'm not dead or have fallen off the face of the earth! I'm still kicking..November has been tad bit crazy ..but all is good. Okay so I'll update on my life..my calls...first


A Good/ Classic Read.....No Disrespect

"Every woman ultimately wants the same thing; to be loved, respected, protected and successful. We know the goal. Now develop the plan. A good plan will only work if you have the discipline t achieve it." - Sister Souljah


This is what Sister Souljah wrote in my book when I met her freshman year of college. This is my go to book. When I feel as if my life is falling off track I pick up this book as a refocus tool. It's an easy read that speaks volumes! I had to reread this book at the beginning of the month to gather my thoughts..pick it up!





My Fall/ Winter Comfy Look









So I recently purchased the a pair of black leggings/ pants from BCBG MaxAzria and I'm in love. Not only am I'm completely comfortable when I work but I can go run errands and feel comfy also! So on that note when I don't have to wear all black with them at work I like to pair them up with a huge off the shoulder sweater or an oversized belted flannal with flat boots. Pure Comfort! and of course you can always jazz it up with bold accessories or throw some heels on and call it a day! Oh and please don't think you have to spend tons of money on this! These are the perfect thrift stores finds. I bought a couple last week and they ranged from $1.50- 3.00 a piece. Work it out!


My Health










"I have never worked with someone who has ever complained so much through a workout:( But I have also never worked with someone as athletic as you:)"




This is what Kevin, one of the Personal Trainers at Crunch gym said to me after a workout! So yep I had t get a gym membership. I noticed not only that I was breathing a little too hard after climbing the steps at the train station but my stress level was at an all time high. I have a love/hate relationship with working out. I love the energy and the final results after I workout. I hate actually getting out of bed and walking 2 blocks in the cold to leave in pain. But I'm all about a healthy lifestyle and not losing my mind so I advise if you don't workout n regular basis..it does wonders.


And since we're on a healthy tip ...Blueberries has been my healthy snack. I realized that it was pointless if I dragged myself to the gym and come home and indulge in a bag full of salt and vinegar chips. So I stopped by Dominicks and forced myself to pick out healthy snacks. i realized my blueberries have been my favorite. They have energy boosting carbs, appetite suppressing fibers and of course vitamin c..try them out

My Mood/Groove

Stepping Stone - Duffy





Now I'm not depressed in anyway ..I just love the groove of this song and others like this. It's my thinking music when I'm daydreaming on my next move in my life. I love it . It makes me want to travel overseas...random I know.

well Miracles & Blessings until next time

God Bless

2 comments:

Al said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al said...

I LOVE ELLISA UPDATES!!!

I feel you on the health tip. I've been trying to get my life together...again. I can't believe you got a gym membership. Don't hurt em Oyewo. I'm glad you're out there hustlin on all fronts.

Strangely enough I just downloaded duffy's cd. I'm gonna give her a chance. We'll see. I just got pink, Beyonce, and kanye's too. So I'll get em for you if you don't have em. let me know.

Hooray for you coming HOME!!!!!